Recruitment for GCF’s Fall 2016 Clean Energy Corps and Spring 2017 Urban Farm Corps is open!
Eligibility requirements: In order to apply to be a Green City Force Corps Member, you must meet ALL of the eligibility requirements below:
- Currently live in a New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) development
- Have earned a GED or high school diploma
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- You CANNOT have a bachelor’s degree
- You CANNOT be enrolled in college for the Fall 2016 or Spring 2017 semesters.
APPLY NOW! If you meet the eligibility requirements above and are interested in our program, click here to fill out an online application for our Clean Energy Corps program, and please call (347) 720-2823 or email Shanee@greencityforce.org to register for an upcoming Information Session. Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply, the better!
Please read below for more information on our program.
Green City Force is an opportunity for young adults in New York City to give “green” back to their communities, while gaining invaluable skills and experience for future career and college paths. Check out the video below to see a snapshot of the Green City Force experience*.
*Note, service experience varies from group to group.
- President Bill Clinton recognizes Green City Force at the Clinton Global Initiative. See the clip here.
- Ford Community Green Grant made a video about our urban agriculture initiative.
- The Corps Network visited our community meeting and joined us for a day of Sandy recovery service.
- Former GCF Corps Members reflect on their service following Hurricane Sandy.
- GCF in partnership with NYCHA and Added Value launches the NYCHA Farm at Red Hook, Brooklyn, a 1.1 acre farm in the center of Red Hook Houses West, first of its kind in the city!
- GCF distinguished by Mayor Bloomberg as the “Most Innovative Nonprofit in NYC”.
- GCF Executive Director Lisbeth Shepherd was recognized at the White House as a Youth Jobs+ Champion for Change addressing youth unemployment. GCF was one of only five organizations selected nationally.
NYCHA and Green City Force alums Shella Hair and Wesley Booker discussed how a year of service put them on the path to career success. View a recap of the #GoGCF Twitter Chat here. Find out how you can be a part of the MOVEMENT!