Recruitment for the Green City Force Spring 2017 Urban Farm Corps service and training program is OPEN!
Eligibility requirements: In order to apply to be a Green City Force Corps Member, you must meet ALL of the eligibility requirements below:
- Currently live in a New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) development
- Have earned a GED or high school diploma
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- You CANNOT have a bachelor’s degree
- You CANNOT be enrolled in college for the Spring 2017 semester.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2017
APPLY NOW! If you meet the eligibility requirements above and are interested in our program, click here to fill out an online application, and please call (347)-221-8341, or (347)-503-9878, or email email@example.com to register for an upcoming Information Session. Applicants will be selected on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply, the better!
Upcoming info Sessions:
Wednesday April 26th at 10:30 am
787 Atlantic Avenue, BK NY 2nd FL.
Please read below for more information on our program.
Green City Force is an opportunity for young adults in New York City to give “green” back to their communities, while gaining invaluable skills and experience for future career and college paths. Check out the video below to see a snapshot of the Green City Force experience*.
*Note, service experience varies from group to group.
- President Bill Clinton recognizes Green City Force at the Clinton Global Initiative. See the clip here.
- Ford Community Green Grant made a video about our urban agriculture initiative.
- The Corps Network visited our community meeting and joined us for a day of Sandy recovery service.
- Former GCF Corps Members reflect on their service following Hurricane Sandy.
- GCF in partnership with NYCHA and Added Value launches the NYCHA Farm at Red Hook, Brooklyn, a 1.1 acre farm in the center of Red Hook Houses West, first of its kind in the city!
- GCF distinguished by Mayor Bloomberg as the “Most Innovative Nonprofit in NYC”.
- GCF Executive Director Lisbeth Shepherd was recognized at the White House as a Youth Jobs+ Champion for Change addressing youth unemployment. GCF was one of only five organizations selected nationally.
NYCHA and Green City Force alums Shella Hair and Wesley Booker discussed how a year of service put them on the path to career success. View a recap of the #GoGCF Twitter Chat here. Find out how you can be a part of the MOVEMENT!